Ecowatt Nigeria Limited’s extensive experience in energy efficiency and renewable energy with its outstanding track record will continue to be our leverage in helping businesses, governments, and non-governmental organisations, across all economic sectors realize their sustainability goals.
We assist organisations to prepare baseline assessments of their sites, processes and policies, thus identifying opportunities to optimise resource use, ensuring legislative compliance, realising financial savings and improving the performance of staff, services and systems.
Our sustainable energy consultancy services cover a wide range of economic sectors, environmental impact assessments, and license permits.
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL DUE DILIGENCE AND FEASIBILITY STUDY OF AN ENERGY SYSTEM
Find energy cost savings!
Carrying out feasibility studies, and technical and financial due diligence audits of a facility’s energy system is very essential in order to evaluate aggregate technical, commercial, and collection losses in an energy system. Some of our service offerings are:
- Identify service customer types such as types of industries, residential mix, and commercial. This will aid proper forecasting of power demand for each customer type.
- Review the selected technology and compare it with the best available technology for electricity providers.
- Review the risk management plan for each step of the distribution network implementation.
- Establish the energy demand baseline of the facility
- Evaluate technical, commercial and collection losses of the facility
ELECTRIFICATION AND ENERGY PLANNING
Be on the safe side!
We offer the following consulting services in regard to electrification and energy planning
- Review of approach and methodology used and verify the applicability of the models (time series, econometrics, regression etc)
- Test models using the benchmarking approach, considering internal and external benchmarking with similar facilities and software simulation.
- Review of variables used in the forecast including tariff, price of fuel, time value of money, demography, renewable energy resources and other drivers.
- Identify the gaps, and recommend and implement the completeness of the model.
- Provide a report on review forecast and validate demand and cash flow projection matching relationship.
Reduce resource costs and save the environment!
Environmental management includes planning and operation of production units which use resources and cause emissions. Objectives are resource conservation – such as raw material, energy, waste and water – climate protection and cost savings.
To achieve sustainable resource savings, a continuous improvement process in the form of an environmental management system (EMS) according to the international standard ISO 14001 is crucial. An important characteristic here is a systematic and targeted approach, which includes the relevant processes such as planning, procurement, installation, operation and maintenance, as well as involving all participating decision-makers and users. Whenever possible, we strive to achieve integration with existing management systems (e.g. with energy or quality management systems). Our services include:
- Gap analysis to identify the need for action and the analysis of existing structures to comply with the ISO 14001
- Development and implementation of a certifiable EMS according to ISO 14001
- Internal auditing of the EMS according to ISO 14001 and ISO 19011 (auditing of management systems) to confirm compliance of your EMS before the certification audit
Enhanced competitiveness through eco-efficiency!
Cleaner production (CP) is a preventative approach to managing the environmental impacts of business processes and products. CP uses changes in technology, processes, resources or practices to reduce waste, and environmental and health risks; minimise environmental damage; use energy and resources more efficiently; increase business profitability and competitiveness, and increase the efficiency of production processes. Cleaner production is applicable to all businesses, regardless of size or type. Our services include:
Planning and organisation – the organisation is made aware of the CP process, stakeholder input sort, CP team formed, environmental policy reviewed or written, and budgets and programs created.
Assessment – material inputs and outputs identified and assessed, current processes and costs assessed, environmental and health impacts reviewed, CP options identified.
- Feasibility analysis – each CP option is assessed for its environmental impact and its technological and economical viability, final CP option is selected.
- Implementation – selected CP option is implemented and a monitoring and evaluation program is established.
- Continuation – regular audits are conducted and findings feed back into the decision-making process, stakeholders are informed of progress and gains.
CDM AND CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION
Local solutions for a global challenge!
Climate change mitigation is another field where we assist organizations and governments. Greenhouse gas emissions lead to a change in global temperatures. Nigeria is affected by this through changes in water availability, agricultural output and deforestation. Policies and strategies as well as hands-on activities are needed to tackle these changes.
As the world strives to take action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, we support the design and implementation of climate mitigation and adaptation projects and programmes with a focus on practical, attainable, and cost-effective solutions.
Mitigation (reduced emissions) is achieved through increased energy efficiency and the use of sustainable energy as well as improved forestry and farming practices.
Adaptation means anticipating the adverse effects of climate change and taking appropriate action to prevent or minimise the damage they can cause, or taking advantage of opportunities that may arise.